2012年4月19日星期四

The Dreamcaster

Last ladder, after observing the new stacking glitch in patch 1.13, I created what I consider to be the ultimate mf build. For a long time I said to myself, "if only you could stack yourself you could use an auradin to mf and you wouldn't need an infinity mercenary either." And now you can. This build functions faster, kills faster and levels faster (because everything within a 23.3 yard radius dies instantly) than any other mf build, so I felt I ought to post it up. Apologies if this guide already exists elsewhere but I haven't seen one.

Skill set-up:

20 points lightning resist (holy shock damage)

20 points salvation (holy shock damage)

20 points conviction (dramatically increases your holy shock damage and breaks the immunity of every lightning immune monster except for the lite/poison immune skelemages in the worldstone keep)

20 points holy shield (aside from making max block super easy this gives you an alternate attack)

1 point in prereqs, 1 point in fanaticism, also 1 point in redemption.

Stats:

Minimum strength, enough dex for max block (very easy with holy shield), no points in energy, everything else in vitality. Pretty standard.

Gear: (bear in mind, this build is expensive. It requires, among other things, four jah runes, each indispensible)

Dream in elite pally shield, dream helm: These are the source of your damage. They are non-negotiable.

Enigma: allows you to move around with ease and gives you significant magic find and strength. However, you'll use it less than hammerdins because in places like the chaos sanctuary and the worldstone keep you'll want to walk around so that your aura can effectively nuke everything around you while you do next to nothing.

Chance guards: extra mf.

War travs: extra mf.

Arach: gives you the fcr you need to hit the 75% fcr breakpoint.

Ist'd wizard spike: fast cast, resists, mana, and that ist gives you 30% more mf.

Bk ring or nagel, your choice.

Mara's: the same reason anyone uses mara's.

Charms: As many mf scs as you can get.

Merc gear: Insight for infinite teleport, eth fort (although I used leviathan because I was cheap) and dream helm (dream helm is a must).

The reason you want that one point in fanaticism is for when you occasionally meet a super unique monster with a lite immunity that cannot be broken. In this instance you want to smite it to death, and fanat lets you smite a lot faster.

How to stack: To stack, do as follows. Pick up your dream helm with your mouse. Move it over to your merc's helm slot, where his dream helm is. Swap them by clicking your dream helm over his, then place the dream helm currently on your mouse into your helm slot. Repeat, anywhere from 50-100+ times depending on how quickly you want things to die.

Note: Should this ever be patched, well...you're screwed. It won't work anymore. Plain and simple. That's the only downside to the build.

Happy hunting, folks.|||This works? I heard they fixed a bug stacking glitch, but it might not have been this one.



I've got an auradin in the works (dragon, dual dreams, HoJ, etc) I'll have to take the dream from my zeal sorc and test this once I get up to level.



If you have this build, I would very much like to see it in action (if you play USWest NL by chance)|||They fixed A glitch, the one involving the trade screen, but this new one popped up which is much better. I do have a fully geared one but unfortunately he's on nl east, sorry.|||I'll have my Auradin to ~80 tonight, so I'll try it.



Is it your mercenary's aura, or your aura doing most of the damage? Seems like it would be the Mercs Aura. Either way, this could be really fun.|||It is fun, and you're right. I gave the stacking instructions backwards. You want to pick your mercs helm up and swap it with yours, then place it back in his helm slot and repeat. Otherwise you're stacking your merc. If you wanted to you could get an a3 merc and give him double dreams and stack both of you.|||So... I just helm swap a bunch of time and it stacks auras? Does each switch stack on a level 15 aura?



I'm sure in PvP you can just stand and kill (if this works)



Can you just keep an extra dream helm in stash or do you have to replace it onto the merc?|||It's not just switching your helm with another dream helm and repeating. You have to pick up your merc's helm, swap it with yours, replace the helm that's now on your mouse onto your merc's helm slot, and then repeat. The merc is a must. And yes, this kills everyone in pvp, unless they have sorb. Stacked auras for whatever reason are just as easy to sorb as unstacked auras. Don't use this character for pvp because he has no attack other than aura stacking. And I have no idea if it's a level 15 aura each time, I just do it enough times that everything dies.|||Oh... So:



Take mercs helm off him, equip it to you.

Click again to reequip your original helm.

Put mercs helm back on him.



Rinse and repeat.



Is this correct?|||Quote:








And yes, this kills everyone in pvp, unless they have sorb. Stacked auras for whatever reason are just as easy to sorb as unstacked auras. Don't use this character for pvp because he has no attack other than aura stacking. And I have no idea if it's a level 15 aura each time, I just do it enough times that everything dies.




It is easy to absorb because you are indeed using a whole lot of level 15 auras.|||Alright... I've got the auradin done, and a bunch of MF/GF gear in his stash. Do the 'dream' helms have to be in the same helm type?



I haven't tried the stack too much (just in baal runs) Heres what I understnd (again, I just want to be sure I do it right)



1: Open inventory and merc (I and O)

2: Click mercs 'dream' helm to have it on mouse

3: Click my 'dream' helm to place ther mercs for mine

4: Click again to put my 'Dream' back on me

5: Put mercs back on him (this is one stack?)



Repeat as many times as I want, right?



Also, do you stack in town and how long does it last? I would assume it should last until you exit the game. If your mercenary dies, do you lose the stack?

没有评论:

发表评论