2012年4月21日星期六

Three Questions

1. Which Merc should I use for Normal diff? I am level 21, in Act II, and still have the act I Archer. I think that the standard "Best Merc" is Nightmare Act II Defensive, but what should I use until then?

2. When should I respec and start building my Hammerdin? I currently am using Holy Fire, at about level 15, and am killing pretty well, but it's not my intended build. Should I just wait until I start having trouble?

2. Can I have one Offensive and one Defensive aura active simultaneously, or one aura period?

Joe|||1. If you are surviving well enough, then I wouldn't bother changing my mercenary for the virtue of 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'.

2. Holy fire? That seems like an odd choice of skills, but if works for you that's fine. If you are playing on Bnet, i'd hold off Hammers until I start doing baal runs in public games (which means level 25, 24 when you do the ancients quest).

3. The word 'active' when it comes to auras sometimes confuses me, so i'll use another term. You, as a paladin, is what I called an aura source. You can only be the source of 1 aura, but you receive all auras that come from different sources, such as your merc or items. (This applies to both defensive and offensive auras, they work identically) So you cannot be the source of both Concentration and Fanaticism auras, but if you were wielding Beast runeword and you turn on Concentration, you (and anyone within the range of those auras) would receive benefits from both.|||You can't have two auras simultaneously without the help of gear that grants auras.

However, it IS possible for auras to have an lingering effect.

For example, Conviction will remain in play for a second or two after you switch it off, perhaps to another aura. That's pretty much all you can do without the help of gear.



-Kinky|||Thanks - what I meant was in fact "self-cast" auras - I know that, for example, a Merc's Insight Meditation can apply to me, but I was wondering if I can cast two simultaneously on myself. For some reason, ISTR reading back before the expansion, that Pallys could have one offensive and one defensive. Guess not.

Joe

没有评论:

发表评论