2012年4月18日星期三

Best Base armor to use for Chain of Honors

Hi I wanted to build a COH for my pally. Have only one shot at it. Wanted to know what is the best armor to use. I see a lot of people use Archon plates....I have a superior wire fleece and Superior Great Hauberk. Does it matter, if I use one or the other since they are both in the "light armor" class.

I guess my basic question is does anything else matter other than the base Def# on the armor that I should take into consideration before making chain of honors on a certain armor. Thanks for your help.|||Strength requirement is considered by most, as less STR means more Stat Points to put elsewhere (VIT usually). I usually prefer APs because they are light as you mentioned, and have a good STR Req/Defense ratio.

Another consideration is, what character level is required to use the armor type. I try and match the clevel requirement with the runeword level requirement (based on the level req of the highest rune used). AP is level 63. CoH requires Ber, which is level 63. Unless it's the first of the season and I don't have the AP option yet, I prefer to make my CoH in an AP. I've found that it works well for most builds (excepting builds that require very low STR).

Another example: Lionheart, a great mid-leveling armor, can be used at level 41 (Fal is highest rune). However, I usually make it in a Dusk Shroud rather than a Mage Plate, for almost double the base Defense assuming a high base DS. A DS requires level 49 to use though, so if I plan to use Lionheart and want it with more Defense (in a DS) I have to level to 49 beforehand.

Something else to consider is whether to use a Superior base or not. Many like xx% ed/durability superior armors, but repairs are more expensive. This isn't nearly as dramatic a problem with armors as it is for weapons, but if you want to keep repair costs at a minimum, use a non-superior base.|||It all depends on how much str you are getting from your gear, AP's are the most popular ones because of the low str req and over 500defense, but if you got a lot of str- over 150+ u can go whatever armor gives you the best base defense.

I found a 15ed Balrog Skin with a a very high str req, but i think i may be reach it and so i am planning to sell my current AP Fortidude, once i reach requirement of 165 str.|||Most people use ap which I would recommend if you do not distribute extra points into str.|||Mage plate is better than Archon if you play a caster. (Hence the name)|||Quote:








Mage plate is better than Archon if you play a caster. (Hence the name)




except mage plates can't get 4 sockets, therefore you can't make Chains of Honor in one.|||AP is usually the best choice, one of the best str to defense armors, and also great resell if you choose to sell it later on.

(surprised no one has mentioned Dusk)|||Quote:








AP is usually the best choice, one of the best str to defense armors, and also great resell if you choose to sell it later on.

(surprised no one has mentioned Dusk)




Problem is that the AP I have is 480 base defense, I have superior wire fleece with base def of 530. Wire fleece need strenght of 111 vs 103 in AP. So was leaning towards the wire fleece, but if APS are so preferred maybe I'll try to find a better AP.

Thanks.|||Quote:








Problem is that the AP I have is 480 base defense, I have superior wire fleece with base def of 530. Wire fleece need strenght of 111 vs 103 in AP. So was leaning towards the wire fleece, but if APS are so preferred maybe I'll try to find a better AP.

Thanks.




Meeting the str requirement of that Wirefleece shouldn't be hard with a smiter, who usually gets a huge str boost from his other items and that wirefleece has actually more defence than the Maximum on an non superior AP(524). I would definetely go with fleece, if i were in your shoes, unless you find something really decent out there.|||If you plan on reselling it, use the AP. However, CoH is one of those all-character armors. Pretty much any character can use it and it's good. It's not even really outside of any character's str requirements to use it either - Casters will have enough str for Spirit(156), smiters will have enough str with Guillame's/HoZ to use it, barbs may have an issue, but if they have enough str to use zerks, then they'll have enough to use CoH. Zons I think might be the only ones who have issue with this, but I dunno, never played a zon after 1.10 came out.

没有评论:

发表评论