2012年4月19日星期四

Question about conviction vs fanaticism

Anyone know if a zealer pally would do just as well with maxed out conviction on instead of fanaticism? it says it removes their defense and immunes, so it made me think even though you would attack less fast, you would hit more often and a sword like Azurewrath would deal way more elemental dmg. and you could use items to get the attack speed back.

I have no idea if this is true, i never tried it before|||Really depends on your equipment. I tried conviction for a little while, but without much elemental damage. Then I switched to fanaticism and never looked back. I'm kind of a speed freak though. Also, in 1.13 it seems to be easier to get a high damage weapon *cough* Oath *cough* which works better with fanaticism than conviction. Give it a try though, you can always respec.|||With the right items Conviction is great, however as Obdob said it's quite easy to get high physical damage weapons that also have great speed for zealers. Give Voice of Reason or Rift a try with Conviction.|||Only go for lvl 25 conviction on a zealer when you are using dual dream and distributing only into syngeries of holy shock. Points into holy shock will not matter since only aura from items matter. The reason for lvl 25 conviction is because that brings down fire/cold/light resist by 150. It does not get better than that and conviction lowers defense good enough at lvl 25.|||My main problem with Zealots (or smiters, beserkers, any melee character other than WW) is crowd control. Convcition and elemental damage helps solve this problem.



You can respec to a Frost zealot. Either run conviction yourself and get fanat from merc (A1 Merc with Faith, or a Merc with 'Beast') or run fanat and get conviction from a merc (A2 Might merc with Infinity)



I've got a few friends who use Frost Zealots and love them.



Theres an excelent guid floating around somewhere, I just can't find it... Once I do I'll put in here for you.



Anyways, its a holy freeze/dream/zeal guide. Its excelent.



I don't have the build myself (might respec my auradin to it though )



Dream helm

Enigma

Dream Shield

Crescent Moon Phase Blade

Other stuffs you need/want



I don't know if you run holy freeze or conviction or fanatsim. Conviction and Holy Freeze can be had on the merc...



I'll see if I can get Laarz in here |||Conviction + elemental damage on a Zealot works very well. It is one of my favorite type of characters because the skill point investment is so low that you are afforded a lot of flexibility in terms of backup skills and variations. Azurewrath, Gimmershred, Rift, Voice of Reason all do the job fine.|||Heres that link I couldn't find (of course, it was right in the guide thread... duh. Thanks Laarz )



Rising’s PvM MF “FrostDreamer” [HolyShock/HolyFreeze/Zeal] GUIDE V1.0 !



(accidently posted this response in a different thread, but it fit there too, so... no harm done)|||Conviction works wonders if you find/build a nice weapon as Voice Of Reason, Crescent Moon, Rift (this three with more crowd control) or Azurewrath, Famine, Phoenix or Destruction (this ones more focused in raw elemental damage). Notice also that you probably will want two of these weapons in order to deal with immunities, due Conviction doesn't break some cold ones in Hell.

The only important handicap you must notice is that in Hell, a Conviction based Zealot, even with Sacrifice and Zeal maxed, makes a limited physical damage, with means that your life leech is small. This encourages you either to obtain the Dracul's or the highly expensive Exile in order to cast Life Tap.

Still, skillpoint wise, the Conviction Zealot build is cheap, which means that build a character with both auras maxed are possible.

Here's a vid with my "old" Conviction-Zeal Voice Of Reason pally in the 1.12, I still keep this character. Gear is modest, and some areas in Hell can be very hard (Acts IV and V) but still is a rewarding and fun build:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ILqUnpMr3I|||cool video

looks like lots of fun

i just dont understand why not put 20 into zeal instead of sacrifice?|||Attack Rating maybe?

没有评论:

发表评论