2012年4月21日星期六

'Exile' and 'Kingslayer' for Uber Trist?

I'm gearing up my hammerdin to do uber-trist.



Aside from the obvious Gore Riders, Dracul's Grasp, and Guiame's Face, I was thinking I would stray from people suggestions a bit.



I really enjoy making runewords (I dunno why, I make low crappy ones all the time, just for fun)



Weapon: 'Kingslayer' in a phase blade (gotta have the IAS for 6 frame smite?)



+30% Increased Attack Speed

+230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)

-25% Target Defense

20% Bonus To Attack Rating

33% Chance of Crushing Blow

50% Chance of Open Wounds

+1 To Vengeance

Prevent Monster Heal

+10 To Strength

40% Extra Gold From Monsters



You get IAS, crushing blow, and open wouds. Just seems like the perfect weapon. (everyone suggests Heaven's Light or 'Black')



---------

Shield: 'Exile' in a +45 all resists Royal Shield



15% Chance To Cast Level 5 Life Tap On Striking

Level 13-16 Defiance Aura When Equipped (varies)

+2 To Offensive Auras (Paladin Only)

+30% Faster Block Rate

Freezes Target

+220-260% Enhanced Defense (varies)

Replenish Life +7

+5% To Maximum Cold Resist

+5% To Maximum Fire Resist

25% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items

Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds





Now, this would be best in an Ethereal Shield with Resistants, but I'm not going to hold out for that. The only suggestions I've gotten for a shield is a HoZ. The lifetap on 'Exile' should help, plus the Defiance Aura. I don't see what HoZ has that 'Exile' won't.



What do you think?|||Kingslayer works. People don't suggest it as much because it costs a bit more and isn't that good for general PvM compared to similarly priced options (Death, Oath). Exile works as well. However, it is expensive and has no natural resistances, so people usually say HoZ. If you have Exile, you don't need Dracul's Grasp.|||Will the chances of Dracul's and the chances of 'Exile' to cast lifetap stack?|||HoZ has more resists (socket), higher blocking% and higher damage (+skills).

CtC's check separately, so they do stack in a sense, although it is not a simple addition of the percentages. Drac's being more than enough to trigger LT, Exile is basically a waste of HRs since defense is more or less useless for PvM.

You may want to rethink about the choice of a Royal Shield too. Being a Hammerdin, your Smite damage will be crappy, and having crappy base shield damage won't help matters. The 1-point Smiter build was written around Grief usage, so if you don't use Grief and plan to 1-point Smite, make sure you do enough damage for LT to keep you alive.

With 'Kingslayer' Pb, you will need either 35% more IAS or lvl2 Fanaticism to reach 6fpa. I wouldn't bother personally. Though if you insist on making an (expensive) rw for the purpose you described, I recommend a Last Wish Pb. It will cover your needs in UT, so you can gear swap a little less. Keep in mind that it doesn't have OW which you need from somewhere.|||Quote:








HoZ has more resists (socket), higher blocking% and higher damage (+skills).



CtC's check separately, so they do stack in a sense, although it is not a simple addition of the percentages. Drac's being more than enough to trigger LT, Exile is basically a waste of HRs since defense is more or less useless for PvM.




I have a HoZ, and I'm just toying with the idea of Exile. I figured the 15% Lifetap would help me a lot (save pounding full rejuvinations for 5% chance to kick in from Dracul's)



Exile +2 offensive Auras (concentration will be my Aura on, right?) How does the damage with that compare with the damage from +2 all skills and +2 Combat (do those stack so its +4 combat skills?)




Quote:








You may want to rethink about the choice of a Royal Shield too. Being a Hammerdin, your Smite damage will be crappy, and having crappy base shield damage won't help matters. The 1-point Smiter build was written around Grief usage, so if you don't use Grief and plan to 1-point Smite, make sure you do enough damage for LT to keep you alive.




The smite on the Royal shield is 24-32. On HoZ its only 20-28. I sacrifice 5% resists (not socketed) but it adds 5% cap to fire and cold (if that will help) and I need to find resists from somwhere anyways. I'm currently negative in all. (I'm nearly all geared...)




Quote:








With 'Kingslayer' Pb, you will need either 35% more IAS or lvl2 Fanaticism to reach 6fpa. I wouldn't bother personally. Though if you insist on making an (expensive) rw for the purpose you described, I recommend a Last Wish Pb. It will cover your needs in UT, so you can gear swap a little less. Keep in mind that it doesn't have OW which you need from somewhere.




Does the 6fpa matter that much? The reason I'm going with 'Kingslayer' PB is because I only need to get a Um and the 4os PB. I have the other runes. If I were Ladder, I would try to get Last Wish (then I wouldn't need 'Treachery' taking up space in my stash)



I should have mentioned that I am NL, because that limits a lot. Cheap runewords like 'Spirit' are worth insane amounts of HR's. Its ridiculous.



So, to make 'Exile' work I need to find a way to pack in some resists (Anni, Mara's, and a Ring) I'll have to have more +skills. Hmm... HoZ is looking better.|||Yeah exile ownz and is massively underrated for pvm|||You can just put one point into Fanaticism. Without that, triggering Life Tap may be a little tricky if you're not going with Exile.



-Kinky|||Quote:








I have a HoZ, and I'm just toying with the idea of Exile. I figured the 15% Lifetap would help me a lot (save pounding full rejuvinations for 5% chance to kick in from Dracul's)



Exile +2 offensive Auras (concentration will be my Aura on, right?) How does the damage with that compare with the damage from +2 all skills and +2 Combat (do those stack so its +4 combat skills?)




When I Ubertrist, I usually go in with Marrowwalks. Unless you Trist very, very often, losing 15% CB is quite negligible (especially if you go with 'Kingslayer', 68%CB is more than enough), and being able to cast LT from the beginning can save you your juvs. It's a much better deal than getting Exile, sacrificing a bunch of other things and still having to drink juvs imo.

Concentration will indeed be your aura (see below). Upped HoZ will grant strictly +4 Combat skills worth of damage vs an Exile in an elite shield. Which is +4 Smite and +4 Holy Shield, a big deal for a no-Grief user. Though all these are moot for the reason below, again.




Quote:








The smite on the Royal shield is 24-32. On HoZ its only 20-28. I sacrifice 5% resists (not socketed) but it adds 5% cap to fire and cold (if that will help) and I need to find resists from somwhere anyways. I'm currently negative in all. (I'm nearly all geared...)




I was talking about upped HoZ... but since you're NL that wouldn't be too relevant as it would cost a ton.

If you need resists (after Meph's aura and Fade prebuff) I personally would devote the shield slot to that. 3x PDiamond Gris Shield is a cheap yet effective option. And it does more damage than any exceptional grade shield too, even a HoZ.

Btw, while we are on resistances... Make a CoH if you haven't already




Quote:








Does the 6fpa matter that much?




With a 'Kingslayer' Pb you're looking at 6fpa vs 7fpa, so it wouldn't be worth it imo for the gear sacrifices (or damage, for switching from maxed Conc to 1pt Fana) you'd have to make.|||I'm going to make a dedicated Smiter (Don't want to store the gear, and I'll just use the hammerdin to PvP and MF)



So, I'll make CoH on him soon as I get a decent plate for it. (Does Defense really matter, should I try to get max posible or is a 800 def plate good enough?)



I found marrowalks to use until I get Gore Riders (I also have a liftap wand to keep on switch)



So, thank for all the input!|||Here's my uber smiter setup.

A + 20 resist barb torch

+19 resist anni

CoH

Exile

Last Wish zerker

Gore Riders

Highlords

Dwarf Star

Raven frost

Tgods

M'avina's true sight socketed with Um.

laying of hands

CTA + spirit on switch

I take down ubers in under a minute and with the fade that almost always happens from last wish I have no problem with mephisto at all (even without fade he's no problem). If you don't have a high resist torch or anni just get some small charms bundled together. I could lose the laying of hands if I got 2 offensive pally skill charms but I just haven't bothered as the setup works perfect for me.

I find last wish so much better than grief. The might aura + the huge crushing blow and it also has prevent monster heal like grief. Not sure how correct the character screen is but my smite damage shows 1K-2.1K damage with smite with level 26 Fanat + the might from last wish.


Quote:








I'm going to make a dedicated Smiter (Don't want to store the gear, and I'll just use the hammerdin to PvP and MF)



So, I'll make CoH on him soon as I get a decent plate for it. (Does Defense really matter, should I try to get max posible or is a 800 def plate good enough?)



I found marrowalks to use until I get Gore Riders (I also have a liftap wand to keep on switch)



So, thank for all the input!




Def does make a difference IMO. With an exile with +13 defiance and all my left over points which I put into defiance I have 25K defense which helps immensly. I think the ubers only have somewhere between 50-60% chance to hit me, can't confirm at the moment, but that added with 75% block just makes it a lot easier to deal with them and the summoned minions, since if the minions don't hit you don't get those block stun pauses.

没有评论:

发表评论