2012年4月18日星期三

1pt Smiter vs Physical Immunes?

I'm building a 1pt smiter per the popular guide. I havent attempted ubers with him yet as I feel his resists and gear are sub par (but will be there within a week).

The big question I have is, "how do you deal with physical immunes?"

Arent there physical immunes in the mini ubers as well as UT?

Should I keep an azurewrath on me for ghosts? Would Azurewrath be an effective weapon in general? I'm probably going to build a grief pb tonight otherwise.|||I personally use Azurewrath (strangely it's socketed with a PSkull because I didn't have mana leech elsewhere on my gear). For me it works amazing.

Pro's of Azurewrath:

1) Perfect combination of both high avg and total ele dmg, along with some variation in ele types (so you don't run into a mob that is immune to your ele dmg type)

2) Sanctuary Aura allows leeching from Undead PIs, and these mobs also happen to be some of the most annoying PIs you encounter anyways

3) Knockback from Sanctuary makes for speedy runs thru nasty places, like Arcane... assuming you run for Keys. It also helps keep you from getting swarmed, you WILL notice the difference in Uber Tristram.

4) It's a naturally speedy weapon, and compliments the 1pt Smiter build very well, since the build is actually a full Zealot with Smite, so combined with it's on-weapon IAS and full Fanatacism, you will be quite the little speed whacker.|||sweet. thanks for the tip. I was a little worried because i seem to hit like a wet noodle in chaos 8 player.

Ive always felt as though i was a speedy wacker.|||I've never really worried about them.



When I'm in uber trist everything is lifetapped..if any phys immune comes near you just give him a whack and he'll sit there stunned. Even if you're surrounded by them you can just smite yourself a path out of there. I believe the only phys immunes in there are the specter like things baal spawns anyway.|||Well, to be completely thorough about this, the OP did mention the Minis too. I know the first time I tried Uber Duriel it was almost impossible, solely due to the PIs in that zone. Of course now I can benefit from experience that tells me Duriel is just right there by the entrance (Ooops... DUH!!), but you still have Lilith. And that zone is no joke.

I guess in the end, if he can afford to make Grief like he mentioned, then it all comes down to how much hassle he is willing to put up with. You could use Grief on Main-hand and Azure on switch, and keep CtA + Spirit/HoZ in the stash, or reverse that and have CtA on switch and Azure in stash. Or.... you could just give up access to one of those 3.

But I really don't recommend doing the Key runs, and THEN the Minis, and THEN Uber Tristram all without a PI weapon. I know it's a huge dmg sacrifice, but my choice was Azurewrath as main weapon and CtA+ on switch. Grief is way more dmg, but we all know that killing Ubers or D Clone is all about Smite and Crushing Blow. So all that extra dmg from Grief only comes into play for that last sliver of their life anyways, just making it go a little quicker in the end. All in all, it's not that much difference, just a few seconds.

This is IMO of course, yrmv.|||arent the PI mobs by lilith demons not undead? I thought azure only effected undead (ignoring the fact that it itself has some magic dmg).|||Quote:








arent the PI mobs by lilith demons not undead? I thought azure only effected undead (ignoring the fact that it itself has some magic dmg).




You are correct... but the main reason I got Azurewrath was to deal with PIs in general, the Sanctuary Aura is just gravy on top as a bonus =p

My point was that the Lilith zone is nasty, and you start dying to those damn fireballs (or whatever the correct term is), that you don't wanna be fumbling around for a PI-switch weapon or even worse from stash. That means either putting points into Vengeance (which I don't like), or having a high Elemental dmg weapon.

Compare the Ele dmg on three well-known weapons that people use for PIs:

1) Baranar's Star 3-600dmg

2) Lightsabre 61-320dmg

3) Azurewrath 500-1000dmg

Not only is it way higher total dmg, but also massively more on the minimum dmg. (I apologize for freely terming all the dmg as Ele, when I know Magic is technically a diff sort of dmg. But in this instance I am referring to all dmg that would be used against a PI)|||i find that one-point of Zeal combined with the venom proc from Grief will deal with phys-immunes in small games (a little slow, but it will get you there).

otherwise, a point in Vengeance will get the job done.

没有评论:

发表评论