2012年4月13日星期五

Merc weapon for 2h Avenger

[:1]Just a quick question about which is better for my 2h avenger...Infinity or Reaper's Toll? I suspect the majority of my damage is elemental but I wouldn't be surprised if half of it was physical...in which case +50% from a reaper's merc (+ might) could be nice. Of course, I would lose out on the - enemy defense and I don't have teleport to get him where I want but maybe I can stand this....

Thanks for your help.

Forgot to mention I'm using an EDeath Colossus Blade|||I'm guessing you use Fanaticism as your aura. In that case Infinity is going to grant you a whole lot more damage, but with 2h-avengers being a bit squishy (is yours?) decrip might be of more use. If you don't have probs with life-leech I'd say Infi on a HF merc.|||Infinity merc is useless for an avanger. An avenger would always have a lvl 25 conviction for forget infinity on merc. If you are using edeath cb then get a faith merc for ias. I mean death has no ias and its hard to get more ias other than loh and hlords.|||Have you used a shieldless paladin with a one-target 10 FPA attack before?|||Quote:








Have you used a shieldless paladin with a one-target 10 FPA attack before?




Me no but im guessing the op needs ias for this build.|||Ya I didn't mention that I'm using Fana and I'm very squishy even with lots of ll and Call to Arms. What keeps me alive is the confuse from the merc's Delirium which I realize now would be overridden by Decrepify...|||@minuses: He'd get absolutely destroyed without a sturdy merc to help him tank.

@ziambe: Not a big deal. Most things will be confused since decrip's radius is fairly small, and decrip itself isn't exactly terrible as a method of crowd control either

Still, for damage, Might/Infi is the way to go. I would recommend you try Holy Freeze first and see how you like the additional safety.|||If I may ask, why exactly are you using edeath as opposed to the more obvious choices (ebotd or eoath)? Not using your own slvl 25 conviction when using vengeance seems like such a waste. I would rather focus on getting that IAS from gear and then invest on a heavy "slow" merc (holy freeze + reaper's).|||Quote:








Infinity merc is useless for an avanger. An avenger would always have a lvl 25 conviction for forget infinity on merc.




I'll be sure to let my 2h Fanatic Avenger know he's using the wrong aura.



@OP: My 2h Avenger set up was pretty similar to yours. I used a Might merc with Infinity. I normally use Conversion on my 2h pallies, but he actually one shot just about every enemy I tried to convert, so I just kept swinging and killed everything before they could kill me. However, I had a Lawbringer weapon on switch and used Smite to apply Decrepify if I ever felt like I needed it. I would suggest getting a Holy Freeze merc for the crowd control. On mine, the difference between the merc being alive and dead was only about 1k damage (his max damage being 16k).

I will add that I like having high FHR on my 2h Paladins. As leech is the primary thing keeping you alive, having your attack cycle interrupted/delayed is a very bad thing. Also, use Charge a lot. Keeps you from getting surrounded.


Quote:




What keeps me alive is the confuse from the merc's Delirium which I realize now would be overridden by Decrepify...




Confuse from Delirium outranges Decrepify. You will end up with an outside perimeter of confused enemies with an inner core of decrepfied enemies. The two work together quite well actually.|||@Norrit Because it's single player and I don't have a Zod. Death has mana steal, 20% Bonus to attack rating, a bit more ED, Deadly Strike, and Crushing Blow. Oath has more damage to Demons and 50% IAS, but I planned on Fana not Conviction.

@Hubb/Clock Ok yea, I didn't think about the smaller radius on Decrepify. I will try that now and if its still not enough, consider holy freeze also. But I will lose around 3k damage without might? And I am playing through on /p8

And I love charge... Before this, the only paladin I tried was a hammerdin which was nice but enigma-dependent and I no longer have that, and a non-exp zealot which got boring. Charge on the other hand is a lot of fun and I am almost tempted to build a charger except for the fact that the paladin can't use attack skills on the LMB =(. Also, I had a lot of problems with it in act 2 and 3 (probably just a coincidence)...I would get locked mid charge and unless my merc attacked the enemy I was charging, or it died from some other cause, I would remain locked until death - not fun. What is really interesting is that I obviously wasn't using holy shield and I thought that that was the 'charge bug' which they fixed. Could it be another buff...BO/Chilling armor from Fort? expiring mid charge?

没有评论:

发表评论