2012年4月18日星期三

Voice of Reason - a viable weapon for my freezealot?

Hello there. This is my first post here, please bear with me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I've played D2 for quite a long while now, and one of my earliest characters is still one of my most used: a freezealot that I have been tinkering at over the years. I have probably already spent way too much time and resources on him. After all, one can only do so much with zeal and holy freeze. Having said that, I have a 5 fpa zeal, a level 38 holy freeze and a decent faceted Nightwing, so this character plays pretty nicely. Currently I'm using Azurewrath as my main weapon, but I am considering replacing that. Voice of Reason came to mind - I am not aiming for a cookie cutter build here (I already have a hammerdin and dislike playing that a lot) so I don't care for the raw ownage of BotD or Doom and actually appreciate the way the Phase Blade looks. I'd much rather be unique and decent than superstrong and supergeneric. Shooting out Frozen Orbs sounds fun (I heard on strike abilities do not obey skill cooldown) and the -24 cold resistance to enemies should make up for the loss of Azurewrath's +1 skill and added magic damage. However, all of this is pure theorycrafting, and since I play on nonladder (I am not active enough to start all over after each reset) I would love to hear some more opinions on the matter before I go through the trouble of getting myself a rare ladder-only runeword.

Thanks for reading!|||VoR are mainly used on pallys running Conviction for the -res. It would work but it will more than likely be slow considering the low physical damage of a VoRpb|||First off what is your Attack Rating and chance to hit? How are you getting that AR? I ask because damage output is a combination of to hit%, speed, and damage per hit. If you don't mind list all your equipped gear so we can figure out what might work better. I typically don't play "cookie cutter" Frostadins either as I dual tree Holy Freeze & Holy Shock. For comparison my wealth challenged level 80 Frostadin is currently wearing:

Weapon Switch 1

Run Holy Freeze aura

Baranar's Star

Upped Skin Vipermagi Wyrmhide

HOZ

Kira's Guardian

Dracul's Grasp

Arachnid Mesh

Gore Riders

Angelic ring

Angelic ring

Angelic Wings

Paladin Torch

Toxic small charm

Weapon switch 2

Run Holy Shock aura

Crescent Moon Phase Blade

HOZ

Defiance Merc

Upped Duriel's Shell

Vampire Gaze

Insight Thresher

Stats:

12,195 Attack Rating (72.5% chance to hit Hell Baal)

12,597 Defense (48.6% chance to get hit by Hell Baal)

75% Block

Overstacked resists

6 frame Zeal (need to use socket quests to get a 5 frame zeal)

Each attack adds Lightning, Fire, Cold, Poison, and Physical damage (15% CB & 35% OW)

This build is about to finish Act II Hell mode. It's not a fast killer but steady, safe, doesn't have to run from anything, and can kill every monster in the game. Obviously there is still huge room for improvement as I gain wealth but this same build can run with even cheaper gear and still be very effective.|||if u really like the ctc orbs, u should consider making a rifterdin:

conviction aura and as mana + cold% dmg as u can get combined with a rift runeword. u can shoot up those lvl 21 orbs faster than any sorc could and deal more dmg than one too.

but that only on a side note

VoR is surely viable, but in general pvm u might do better with an azure imo. more phys dmg vs CIs and magic dmg for the CI-PIs which u would be pretty helpless against with a VoR. in my experience, u spend 95% of the time dealing with those anyway, since a lvl 38 aura should kill the non CIs rather quickly|||If you are lazy, just go with azurewrath. No need for much weapon switching at all.

I'd go with rift for most stuff though, that -24% cold resist is pretty damn nice to have, as long as you have the AR to hit with it. Add in that orb flying around and its pretty cool.|||I have a dual dream conviction palladin and during my tests I came to the conclusion that I prefer Rift runeword over Voice of reason. Rift is much slower, but it's frozen orbs are much higher level. On the other hand I run conviciton and you are focused on cold damage, so the 24% cold resists reduction could really help.

So perhaps your char would benefit more from VoR, due to it's build in speed (rift is quite slow..)

没有评论:

发表评论