2012年4月18日星期三

Voice Of Reason vs The Ancients.

Hi. I started a Conviction Zealer build before the 1.13 patch and was able to get the Voice Of Reason runeword and some other modest items, and I did trade to get a barb torch. My build was based to great extent about what I read in the classic thread about VoR Pallies:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=582794

After the latest ladder reset in September I keep playing with the character in off-ladder, which is maybe the most fun build I tried to date. When no immunes are involved is one of the fastest killing machines I saw; when the Conviction isn't enough still kills decently. The only problem is His low life leech capabilities, but the compromise of the survivability only makes to play with more exciting.

But I have a couple of problems. My VoR build wears a Shako, Ravenfrost, Earstring and most of the Disciple set (armor, amulet, boots and gloves), with a leech ring and a 4 PD shield. He has 75% resist, 75% block, 1040 life, around 2000 AR and around 7000 Def. Lately I switch from the LoH gloves to Lavagout for the nice enchantment AR boots (now around 3000). I use a Holly Freeze merc. My Pally was able to tank Hell Diablo using only a couple of potions, and I just finished the first 5 quest of Act V. But fighting against the Ancients is being hard:

I do damage enough to kill one, but as long as I fall cursed by Amplify Damage any hit pushes me under 50% of my life, and my life leech simply doesn't works fast enough. I switch the Disciple boots to goblin toe for the CB, but wasn't enough. My build had 20 Conviction, 20 Sacrifice, 20 Holly Shield, 1 Zeal (4 with the + skills); I spent another 19 hard points in Zeal: the AR did rise to 5000 (already overkill, due the -93% Def from the lvl 23 Conviction) but the physical damage barely increased in 40 points. I have 70 unused atribute points but I doubt that a health increase would be enough to cut through the Ancients. So, my 2 questions:

What kind of gear would I use against to defeat the Ancients alone? Of course, must be not-ladder stuff, and very costly gear is excluded.

What is the best way to re-spent the las 30-39 skill points in the build? Zeal looks a waste. If I had a godly dual Dream gear the answer should be L. Resist, to both enhance the res and improve the Holy Sock damage, but with a (much) more modest gear perspectives, I'm hesitating between to max Defiance (for the massive bonus to HS) spending the rest in Zeal or Fanaticism or maybe maxing Fanaticism and spending the rest in Def/Zeal.

Which one would fit the best? Must I wait for better gear in my mf runs before to rebuild my skill distribution? Any extra advice? Thanx in advance.|||First off, forget about your AR. If you're running a high level Conviction you won't need it. Zeal, as you found out, is a waste. If immunes are causing you trouble then put a Baranar's Star socketed with Shael on weapon switch. If you can find it Azurewrath is a great choice as well, very fast and adds tons of magic damage each hit. Also, get some Dracul's Grasp as lifetap can make a melee character almost invincible. Drop those 70 left over stat points into Vitality. That's about 210 life which would take you from 1040 to 1250.|||And about the skill points? Would I spent the Zeal points in 20: Defiance and the rest in Fanaticism/Resist Lightning or 20 in Fanaticism and the others in Defiance?|||Seriously, with a Conviction pally it doesn't really matter until you get really high end gear:

Holy Shield is great for better defense, blocking %, and longer cast.

Sacrifice adds better physical damage than Zeal, but nothing else.

Defiance is great for better defense.

Zeal adds damage + AR, but damage is pitiful and AR isn't needed.

Resist Lightning/Salvation only help if you have a Dream runeword or two.

Resist Cold/Salvation only help if you have a Doom runeword.

Fanaticism doesn't help unless you plan on smiting/Ubering.

If you don't have a Dream or Doom then I would max the first 4. If you do have a Dream/Doom, then I would max the first 2 and then the Synergies. If you are getting hit alot ignore Zeal and max Defiance. If that doesn't help ditch your Holy Freeze merc and get a Defiance merc.

没有评论:

发表评论